Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

All eyes will be on the ring at the MGM Grand Garden arena this weekend.

It's a fight that has been years in the making. Finally Floyd "Money" Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will go head-to-head on Saturday.

Meanwhile Floyd Mayweather has told fans to be ready for an epic battle when he faces Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas on Saturday.

With the time for talking all but done -- the weigh-ins take place at 11pm BST on Friday -- the 38-year-old American told the Press: "He's going to come and bring his best -- and his best is going to bring the best out of me.

"My job is to go out there and be Floyd Mayweather and do what I do best. Both sides have said a lot, but it's all about the two competitors."

Unbeaten in 47 professional fights, Mayweather played down claims from some quarters that he had appeared subdued in the build-up to what some are calling the "Fight of the Century."

"I feel good," he said. "I'm very, very happy. My team have done a tremendous job.

"I have grown and matured over the years. I'm not far from 40 years old, and I have been in this sport as a professional for 19 years. You outgrow some things.

"I know I can fight, and I know the guy I am fighting. It is not an easy task, but this is my job. This is what I chose to do."

In other news, Pacquiao said he was "ready for the challenge" and had "peace of mind."

But the 36-year-old Filipino southpaw admitted that his 65th -- and most eagerly-awaited  professional fight would be "different," adding: "I'm excited, and I'm sure the fans will love it.

"It means a lot to me to be representing the Philippines -- people are excited to watch this fight.

"I don't have a prediction, but I will do my best to make the fans happy. They deserve a good fight. 

They are paying more than double than for a regular fight."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venus and Serena Williams: A bold and audacious promise coming from a father. ~ Olajuwon Obalola