Imoke denies becoming the next National Chairman of PDP.

Cross River State Governor Liyel Imoke has denied reports that he is interested in taking over the position of the National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, which is currently occupied by Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu.
 
Imoke, who spoke with journalists on Friday at the Margaret Ekpo International Airport in Calabar, said he would stay from public office after May 29 handover and remain a firm member of the party.
 
He said, “I have been in the public limelight for much longer than 16 years. I intend to step away from the public limelight, even though I remain a loyal party member, a strong supporter of my party. 
 
I will work for my political party to the extent that is necessary but I do not intend to run for any public office.”
 
When asked what level of confidence he had in the leadership of Adamu Mu’azu as the chairman of party after the 2015 elections, Imoke said, “The party faced a defeat, a major defeat that will obviously have some consequences and some impact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venus and Serena Williams: A bold and audacious promise coming from a father. ~ Olajuwon Obalola