Arising From My Vacation; MY WHITE FLAG. -Maxwell Adegbenro

"Remembering....."If this is the wish of the people, I stand in deference"~ JKF. Sir, God bless you for this!

2:08pm, Banillux, Lagos, Nigeria this afternoon electrified my enduring ambiance in company of the three friends have made online. We met, and exchanged glasses on the magniloquence of Ekiti politics. The maiming and castigation of those that won't align with the interest of Fayose by the gruesome people at the other divide form the basis our discussions.


My roles and lapses were mentioned. At a point, it was like a crux of lashes on my penny. I didn't quite agree with some of their blames especially the ones that caught me tongue-lashing anyone. I took time to explain my actions and in actions in the mist of thorny friends and how have gallantly donned "mawobe cap" at their myopic rebuke.

Of course, my friends from other divide attacked viciously without reprieve to caution. I have had many blocked and silenced eternally too. Remember, (friends) irrespective of political ideology and interest. Never was I in a way like that, but I was also guilty of anyways act that are complete opposite to my beliefs. Spurious attacks;.......bottling that with the tingling persuasion of "Let Fayose rest" that I get almost every time by friends and concern people of Ekiti State that i hold in high esteem and the push off in the defeat suffered by my party in consecutive three rows gave a chilling reflection on purpose, time and worth of my hatred for Fayose. It flipped out the white flag in me.

Simply put, I don't think have ever come out open this much to say I hate 'Fayose' very unlikely. Yes it is Strange but true. I do hate him for reasons known to many. Suffice to say his marauding activities and his personality. In all these, I realized the point in the words of gracian, "You can win every battle".....You win some and loose some to gather strength for a fight another day.

Waxing emptily in reflection after Samson, Bolawade and Ayodeji Olarewaju left. My generator popped up and lo' it was Fayose on ChannelsTv.

"Enough of this division. It is time to give me peace. It is time to forgive me. Fighting me is like fighting the common man. If I have offended anyone, I am sorry. This is politics, we are meant to have diverse interest. For the sake of Ekiti I want peace to reign!

Let us come together and move our state forward!.....You cannot change the mandate of the people, they voted for me, I didn't vote myself in" ~Gov. Peter Ayodele Fayose.

This sounded deceptive abi? Considering the person Fayose was, is and would....but guess what, we can actually move on!

It is not cowardice but in glide behest of the difference we make.

I listened to him shamefully though. Wondering how exceptionally our people have chosen to desecrate our collective values voting a man of Fayose's calibre but, as a man that holds the law and constituted authority in high esteem, abinitio the court has vindicated him of our incalculable impeachment reproaches while the people were said to have forgiven his misdeeds by vote.

Who then am I?

My activism so far against Fayose has been bolstered on the aforementioned and i won’t argue 'hate' which is morally damning and paradoxically condemnable. I take double step back on that.
It appears to me The God's have chosen this man yet again if he yet lives. If appears he has named Fayose the anointed. It appears the new Ekiti under a progressive leadership is not ripe before our collective reasoning. JKF appears to have come just before his time.

On this note, I will henceforth stem down and re-wheeled my focus to many other wrongs while Fayose enjoys his civil protection from the people. Any attempt to do otherwise, will be met in handy am sure by the people.

The people will surely decide their fate at the poll. The consciousness has been ignited already. Obviously, we are just way behind.

Congratulations Gov. Fayose.....You have my white-flag at least for now.

-Maxwell Adegbenro (@MaxwellCares on Twitter). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venus and Serena Williams: A bold and audacious promise coming from a father. ~ Olajuwon Obalola